Submitted by dyfuse on Thu, 12/04/2008 - 11:58
Well, if being 'pill poppin' aninmal' and a ''surp sippin' n****", gets you 8 Grammy nominations, than music industry beware! The New Orleans extraordinaire Lil' Wayne has been nominated for the most Grammys this year; with his breakout album, The Carter III. Following close behind him in the world on Hip Hop is Jay-Z and Kanye West with 6 nods each.
Other nominees (in order of accumulated nods) include:
Adele - 4 nominations
- Best New Artist
- Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
- Record of the Year
- Song of the Year for her album, Chasing Pavements
Rihanna - 3 nominations
- Best Dance Recording for the hit Disturbia
- Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals category for her duet with Maroon 5 " If I Never See Your Face Again"
- Best Long Form Music Video
Leona Lewis - 3 nominations
- Best Pop Vocal Album for her crossover debut album, Spirit
- Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "Bleeding Love"
- Record of the Year for "Bleeding Love" as well.
Madonna - 2 nominations
- Best Dance Recording for "Give It To Me"
- Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals for "4 Minutes" with Justin Timberlake
M.I.A. - 1 nomination
- Record of the Year for "Paper Planes"
Lady Gaga - 1 nomination
- Best Dance Recording for breakout hit "Just Dance"
Pink - 1 nomination
- Best Female Pop Vocal Performance category for her breakup song "So What"
Submitted by dyfuse on Fri, 05/16/2008 - 19:46
Of all the Pop Thugs out there, 50 Cent is surely leading the way in money making business. He is allegedly signing a 300 Million Dollar Deal with Rupert Murdock's News Corporation; trumping Jay-Z's deal with Live Nation. His deal with Interscope Records will be expired after his next contract and Fiddy may be ready to get Rich Bitch!
Apparently, the deal would go down as such. Fifty would agree to give Rupert Murdok's company stakes in his music, G-Unit Label, Website and Books. The artists that are still kissing 50's ass will head over to the New's Corporation's MySpace label.
Reports are claiming that this deal is worth around $300 Million. This would not only supersede Hov's $150 Million he got from Live Nation to leave Def Jam and Madonna's $120 Million deal to ditch Warner Brothers; but he will also be one of the News Corporation's biggest shareholders.
Submitted by dyfuse on Thu, 05/08/2008 - 12:34
Jimmy Kimmel has musical guest Lil' Mama who performed her latest song; which I just posted the video to, "L.I.F.E". Unfortuantly Lil' Mama herself is facing the facts of life as her album debuted at No. 25 with only 19,000 copies. I personally have been blaming Jive for not dropping the young star when her buzz was hot! Last Summer! And then they let her drop the same day as Madonna, Lyfe Jennings and only two weeks behind Mariah as her album is still number 2!